Getting to The Helix: Home of The
So you want to come and see the magnificent Kelpies, and their
home The Helix Park, for yourself? Getting here is easy, we're
ideally located in the central belt of Scotland - around 19 miles
from Edinburgh and 35 miles from Glasgow airports.
There's information below on how to get here via
car, parking options and travelling by public transport. We
can't wait to welcome you with our 5-star service.
Travelling by Car?
The Helix is located just off the main motorway routes in
Central Scotland. Follow the brown tourist signs around Falkirk to
From Edinburgh leave at junction 5 and from Stirling leave at
junction 6 and then follow the brown tourist signs on the trunk
- From Edinburgh - take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at
Junction 5 for Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown
tourism signs to `Helix park and Kelpies`
- From Glasgow - take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at
Junction 8 for M876 and join M9, exit at Junction 6 for
Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown tourism signs to
`Helix park and Kelpies`
- From Carlisle and the South - M74, M73, M80, M876, M9, and
follow the signs for Falkirk as above.
- From Perth and the North - A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit
at Junction 6 for Falkirk as above.
Travelling by Public Transport?
There are 2 main train stations in Falkirk that are close to The
Helix: Falkirk High (located 3 miles away) and Falkirk Grahamston
(located 2 miles away). There are multiple routes to these stations
from all over Scotland including:
- Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes)
- Edinburgh to Falkirk Grahamston (35 minutes).
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes)
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or via Edinburgh
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and
Camelon Stations which are all close by
Unfortunately there is no direct bus to the Kelpies from Falkirk
High or Falkirk Grahamston train stations however the First Bus
number 3 will drive you from Gartcows Row (5 mins from Falkirk High
Station) to the Falkirk stadium (near the Helix). The routes 3, 4,
4a and 4b will get you from Falkirk town centre and Falkirk
Grahamston to the Falkirk stadium (near the Helix).
For more information or other First bus services operating
throughout the Falkirk area, click here or call First Bus
on 01324 602200.
Even By Boat...
Why not sail in to The Kelpies Hub using the new Forth
& Clyde Sea Lock. The sea lock is equipped with a crane for
de-masting. This new sea lock gives safer access to the Forth &
Clyde canal, allowing you to sail through the canal to Glasgow and
the West of Scotland beyond.
More information on Canal Boat access can be found on the Scottish Canals
Local Taxi Services
- Bruce Taxis: 0500 636000
- Express Taxis: 0500 638000
Please see Facilities and Parking page for more
info on parking at The Helix.