How to get here
Our address is: The Kelpies, The Helix, Falkirk, FK2
Follow the yellow AA signs or brown heritage signs.
- From Edinburgh - take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at
Junction 5 for Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown
tourism signs to `Helix park and Kelpies`
- From Glasgow - take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at
Junction 8 for M876 and join M9, exit at Junction 6 for
Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown tourism signs to
`Helix park and Kelpies`
- From Carlisle and the South - M74, M73, M80, M876, M9, and
follow the signs for Falkirk as above.
- From Perth and the North - A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit
at Junction 6 for Falkirk as above.
There are 2 designated Helix car parks - one at Helix Park and
one at The Kelpies but free parking is also available at Falkirk
Stadium where it is a short walk to THe Kelpies through Helix
If you are visiting us using an electric vehicle, electric
vehicle chargepoints can be found at the Falkirk Stadium (near The
Helix). These include a Triple Head Rapid Charger unit and two 22kW
Type 2 dual socket posts.
The chargepoints are administered by Charge your Car (CYC) and
provide a great location to top up while you enjoy a walk or cycle
around The Helix, or to The Kelpies and back
The First Bus F14 route will drive you from Falkirk High Station
(see by train) to the Kelpies. The service runs with an hourly
route (Monday to Sunday). The last service departs from The Kelpies
at 18.32. Check the
First Bus timetable to know more.
For more information or other First bus services operating
throughout the Falkirk area, click here or call First Bus on 01324
- From Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes) or Falkirk
Grahamston (35 minutes). Please see `By Bus` for bus routes from
Falkirk High directly into The Helix & The Kelpies.
- From Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes) or
Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- From Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- From London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or change at
Edinburgh or Glasgow
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and
- Sail in to The Kelpies Hub using the new Forth &
Clyde Sea Lock. The sea lock is equipped with a crane for
de-masting. This new sea lock gives safer access to the Forth &
Clyde canal, allowing you to sail through the canal to Glasgow and
the West of Scotland beyond.
More information on Canal Boat access can be found on the Scottish Canals
Local Taxi Services
- Bruce Taxis: 0500 636000
- Express Taxis: 0500 638000
Distances from Airports
- Edinburgh:19 miles
- Glasgow: 35 miles
- Prestwick: 57 miles